onsdag 26 oktober 2011

Spinning again!

So after knitting only for six weeks, I'm back at spinning and that feels so good. I have finished two yarns I started spinning in August. Four of the tops Jon from Easyknits.co.uk gave me are now transformed into a nice 3-ply yarn.

Have a look at Easyknits' new site, it's really good, and there are wonderful yarns, fibers, and recipes if you need inspiration for cooking. I love the new product, "Small Guys", I'd like to knit something really nice with the small skeins.

I also finished the BFL-silk I bought from Kariola. I spun it on one of my IST Russian spindles and plied on the wheel. Carola is now thinking of what color would be a good companion for this yarn. It's incredibly soft, so the only thing I can think of making with it is a shawl, and doubled as a hat.

I spun about one meter of gold:
Aluminum and wool, gift from Ingrid whom I met in Gothenburg earlier in October. Bosworth midi spindle

And I have started a new yarn from two swap gifts. I spun the first thread from wonderful hand dizzed tops from Hilltopcloud with merino, alpaca and silk. The shop owner is hilltopkatie on Ravelry. She has very good fibers, so keep an eye on her shop! I spun an uneven yarn trying to keep the character of the tops. Today I start the second thread, a merino top I got in another swap. I'll spin it thin and even. Photos when I have yarn to show!

6 kommentarer:

  1. The photos are WONDERFUL and the yarns look yummy too. Hopefully I'll be able to post some spinning pictures soon too!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thanks Sarah! Have you been spinning? Where's your wheel right now?

    SvaraRadera
  3. Jag har verkligen gillat Jons grejer tidigare, men efter att ett topsband blödde färg under spinning och ett annat garn (uppstickat till sockar) förstörde mina favoritsockar i ett gemensamt tvättbad, är jag redo att bojkotta. Fastän jag tycker om hans grejor. Dessutom blir det ju skitsnygga resultat. Som dina.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Klart jag har! Men han har inte hört av sig. Det är en månad sedan. Skickade till och med bilder. Han kanske skäms. Det är andra gången det händer mig. Synd, hans fibrer är nice att spinna.

    SvaraRadera
  5. Jons råd är att inte tvätta handfärgat tillsammans med sådant som kan ta upp färg. Det är normalt att handfärgat släpper färg i första tvätten.

    SvaraRadera